Down the page a bit, wee see:
The prime minister also said:
- 42 teams from the military would be deployed across every region to help the effort
- extra vaccine sites and mobile units would be set up across England
- opening hours of clinics would be extended with more appointments
- thousands more volunteer vaccinators would be trained
- the UK government would also give extra support to speed up vaccinations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
This is, of course, just another of his big promises, off-the-scale like his ‘world-beating’ testing and tracing programme, and utterly dependent on things he cannot really control, especially getting twice as many vaccinators, or for that matter, getting twice as many lorry-drivers to achieve the only thing the UK can do for us – send more from the hoard we’ve paid a share of.
As for the extra support to speed up vaccinations in Scotland, let’s be clear he needs to do more for NHS England as they lag behind Scotland on booster delivery by 34.3% to 38.7%.