Not one person died because of an infection caused by faults in the ventilation or water systems and the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. All the media have is unscientific rumour. The ‘doctors’ are not infection control specialists. No expert in infection control has suggested that there is anything in these rumours.
Here they are again:
- A 10-year-old boy and 73-year-old woman who died at the Govan hospital were found to have contracted Cryptococcus fungal infection which can be linked to pigeon droppings.
- A third death, involving a 63-year-old patient who contracted the fungal infection Mucor, was also investigated but no link was found.
- Millie Main, 10, died in 2017 from an infection, which her mother believes was “100%” due to contaminated water.