I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve rebutted the blatant lies from Ian Murray, Alister Kerr, both Brians and many others, including even well-disposed English journalists but the beast will not die, judging by Neil Mackay today.
So, to arm you, here is a short summary of facts with the links to the proof:
- As of today, over the six months of the pandemic, the infection level in England has been 35% higher [5 849 per 1m in England compared to 4 315 per 1m in Scotland] and the death level has been 45% higher [658 per 1m compared to 458 per 1m] than in Scotland. From ONS and NRS data .
- In the last 7 days, the average death rate in Scotland is 0.9  whereas for the UK it is 21.6 , crudely 24 times higher but twice as high per head of population.
- The gap could have been greater if Scotland had been independent and able to decide when to lock-down as opposed to having to wait until late March for powers to be devolved, by which time the virus was everywhere .
- Contact tracing in Scotland is operating at 99% efficiency . This compares with between only 53%  and 79%  in England.
- According to UK Gov data in the Times, Covid test booking attempts were between 80% and 100% successful in Scotland while only between 20% and 60% successful in England and Wales .
- Care homes in England experienced the highest increase in excess deaths at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic compared to those in the rest of the UK. Care homes in England recorded a 79 percent increase in excess deaths, compared to 66 percent in Wales, 62 percent in Scotland and 46 percent in Northern Ireland .
- Two large studies by the ONS and the voluntary sector care home-owner, MHA, found very strong evidence that the virus was inadvertently spread through care homes by temporary agency staff , .
- There is NO evidence from any research that, in Scotland at least, the discharge of patients from hospitals into care homes caused the spread of the virus.
- The BMJ has made clear that the root cause of infections in care homes was corporate greed  .