You have to read right to the end to see who Barry Cunning is and what he is on about, in the Herald today:
Cunning came 5th and last in Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire, in 2016.
His argument is one we get headlined regularly from Macwhirter, McKenna and of course Monteith (Brexit) Wilson (Labour) and McLelland (Con).
I suppose we should be grateful for the admission of his baggage at the end.
Anyhow, I tire of this trope but let’s just go over it again for Cunning:
- Far lower infection and death rates
- 50% more beds and nurses
- Significantly more consultants and GPs
- 10% faster A&E
- Far lower hospital onset infections before and since Covid
- Faster vaccine rollout
- Faster vaccine rollout in care homes and so far fewer deaths there
- Far, far less privatisation
There’s more but that will do. All claims easily sourced.