We may have caught them in time as there is no sign of this planned broadcast in the schedules for tonight.
Readers will know that the Disclosure team has a bit of a record of gaffs like the time they followed the wrong lorry full of calves all the way to Spain.
Anyhow, ‘The Care Home Scandal’ sounds a bit risky for them. I can see them listening to Jackson Carlaw and that private care home owner then blaming Jeane Freeman for all the deaths.
So, out of the kindness of my heart, Mark, here are the facts:
- There is no evidence that the discharges from hospitals caused the care home outbreaks.
- Public Health England and Jean Freeman confirmed that the main source of infection was the movement of agency staff.
- The private care homes relied heavily on agency staff bused in from as far afield as Kent.
- Judging by inspection reports, some care homes may not have implemented infection control procedures with new arrivals fully despite these being the same as for annual flu outbreaks.
- Public Health England did try to deny PPE supplies to Scottish care homes but NHS Scotland filled the gap.
- In the early stages of the pandemic, the SAGE group, advised by England’s best medics, including Dominic Cummings, told the care homes that their residents were not at risk.
- The Scottish Government was pressurised by the opposition parties and the MSM into accepting this advice and following the 4 Nations approach of delaying lock-down until ‘the right time.’
- Scotland only got devolved power to implement lock-down on 25th March by which time the infection was peaking.
I hope this helps.