Last days being spent more and more at home

From NHS Scotland Information Services Division yesterday:

In 2018/19, there were 52,436 deaths in Scotland excluding those where an external cause of death was recorded (including falls). For these individuals, 88.1% of their last six months of life was spent either at home or in a community setting, with the remaining 11.9% spent in hospital. This is equivalent to an average of 22 days in hospital in the six months prior to death.

Over the past nine years, the percentage of time spent at home or in a community setting has gradually increased from 85.3% in 2010/11 to 88.1% in 2018/19.

https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Health-and-Social-Community-Care/Publications/2019-10-08/2019-10-08-End-of-Life-Summary.pdf

This achievement is of course a consequence of Scotland’s widely recognised healthcare integration strategy. For detail see:

Major success in Scottish Government’s approach to healthcare integration recognised by Royal College

Published by johnrobertson834

Retired Professor of Media Politics Not-for-profit independent political analysis

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Talking-up Scotland

Counter- propaganda and Citizen Journalism since 2014

michaelgreenwell.wordpress.com/

So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly arise and make them miserable. - Aldous Huxley

Wings Over Scotland

sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul

caltonjock

Scottish and Uk Politics

%d bloggers like this: