After three days of ill-informed reports suggesting that Scotland is behind England in rolling out vaccines, we get this headlined:
The Deputy First Minister warns that snow could disrupt Covid vaccinations over the next day.
Here is the news, based on what he said:
- Number of cases well down at 895.
- Positive cases below 5% for second day, satisfying WHO criterion for infection under control.
- R number between 0.7 and 0.9 so ‘comfortably’ below 1.
- Fewer in hospital, fewer in ICU.
- Record number vaccinated for 4th day in a row.
- 99% of residents in older care homes.
- 93% of all care home residents.
- 92% of over 80-year-olds living in the community.
Last three way beyond expectations and no doubt far superior to England if they ever provide the data!
So the headline is? Snow and possible disruption.