Having avoided mentioning two obvious positive role models for Scots in the researcher leading the team in the US working to develop a vaccine for Coronavirus and the volunteer drugs worker planning to drive a safe injection van around Glasgow, don’t hold your breath for Reporting Scotland to give this much attention.
Having watched their health correspondents over the years, I suspect this would do them some good.
Sent to us by our non-chemical anti-depressant, Brian McGowan:
Public urged to nominate their local health heroes
People in Greater Glasgow and Clyde are being urged to nominate their local health heroes for NHSGGC’s Excellence Awards. Each and every day, staff deliver outstanding patient care and go that extra mile to ensure our patients and their families receive the optimum in patient care. And we want you to tell us by nominating them in our Excellence Awards. Last year we received a record number of nominations – more than 400 – which is testament to the high regard that the public have for our staff and staff have for colleagues.
Seven categories are open to the public:
- Nursing Your chance to nominate a top nurse or top nursing team who displays the best qualities of patient care and the ethos of nursing
- Global Citizenship Excellent examples of NHSGGC staff who have travelled overseas to provide healthcare and/or education to people in developing countries or in countries in crisis
- Volunteer We have so many volunteers – please tell us your favourite
- Better Care Tell us more about the excellent care you have received through any NHSGGC service
- Better Health How have we helped you improve your health? Maybe it’s healthy eating, smoking cessation, physical activity, or activities aimed at improving mental health. Tell us more
- Better Value Nominate projects which are saving time or resources
- Better Workplace A new award for 2019 – This category recognises the often unseen work of our staff who are helping to make NHSGGC a Better place to work.
To nominate your local health hero visit: www.nhsggc.org.uk/excellenceawards . The closing date is 31 July 2020.