By William Henderson
1. The present SNP-led Government of Scotland is brimming with progressive and innovative ideas for the improvement of life in this country. The opposition parties have none.
2. For their own self-preservation in the public eye opponents must try to stifle general awareness of the vitality of the SNP Government which contrasts with their own torpor. This they do by constant effete attacks in the parliament itself and by proxy through the establishment-controlled media. Nothing they put forward is either thought through or positive. Think of all the tirades of Ms Dugdale and Ms Davidson in parliament as ‘leaders’ and the constant drip of negativity in the newspapers and state/corporate television and radio.
3. Where frontal attack on the SNP/Independence movement is difficult or impossible, the political establishment and its media serfs then resort to ‘suffocation’ through censorship by omission. Nothing – especially nothing good must be allowed into the public domain so that all that lingers in peoples’ memory is negative.
4. ‘Debate’ in public media is simply the medieval wager of combat. There is no attempt to lay out ideas or strategies for discussion and measured consideration – only combat and a fight to the death where winner takes all. How savage! At any moment we might see a return to the ordeal by fire or the trial by red-hot iron, such is the intellectual level of proceedings.
5. A world-wide war of psychology is being fought by the UK ruling establishment and others fearful for their survival in the face of popular disquiet. What we are seeing in Scotland over the question of independence is our own special part of this. It’s the only part we have a chance of doing anything about. The Scottish media are doing their bit for the establishment.