Things are looking bad for BBC Scotland staff as they rush to construct a defence against evidence suggesting the SNP Government is coping better with Covid infection rates again.
Tempting fate I know, but better to be prepared? If the trends continue, Scotland becomes the least infected part of the UK again in the next few days.
What can they say?
- Use the two-week old ONS estimates?
- Crop the graph at September 10th?
- Turn the graph upside down and hope no one notices?
- Accuse the SNP of wasting money on training unneeded new staff?
- Get Prof Pennington to predict it won’t last?
- Let Douglas Ross claim it’s a UK benefit?